Apr 6, 2009

No roads means BEST ROADS!


I love cycling. And I love cycling in Poland. Why? Because we have almost no bicycle roads ! Sounds strange ? Maybe...but
bicycle roads lead to the places, that someone have visited, checked and found interesting. It's like someone
has planned your trip, without giving you a chance to do it on your own. I don't want do make someone else's trips.
Instead of well marked bicycle roads we have inifinite amount of roads and paths that go through forests, fields, meadows.
You are allowed to use it. Most fields and forests are not fenced. The only thing you need is a good map, a compass and the will to explore. And a bike of course.
Below there are some pictures from my trip I made last Sunday. After leaving Warsaw with one of the local trains we spent wonderfull 60 km cycling through the fields, villages, meadows, forests and orchards. Would you like to try? In my hostel you can rent a trekkig bike with 18 gears if you don't have your own - and then ... explore, explore, explore...
If you are planning cycling trip to Poland, please DO NOT USE GENERAL MAPS FOR DRIVERS (it's, what I can see, most bikers have:-( )! They won't lead you to the places shown in my photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment