May 6, 2009

Somewhere in Poland (2) - 843 km of beaches


I like the sea with it's faraway horizon, but I rarely go to the seaside, and never in the summer. I simply do not like this holiday atmosphere - noisy crowds, fastfoods, kitsch souvenirs and smell of fried fish. I'm looking for places when I can contemplate the horizon without seeing it through someone's deckchair. Poland has 843 kilometers of coast line, so it's still possible to find such place. Recently I've camped on a high cliff, 10 km east of Ustka. Wild camping is officially not allowed in Poland but (not officially) it's tolerated (except for national parks), finding a place for tent it's very easy in comparison to Western Europe.

See this place on google maps.

Othere places somewhere in Poland:
Somewhere in Poland - my favourite bridge
Somewhere in Poland (3) -  The Far East
Somewhere in Poland (4) - Water way to the border





No comments:

Post a Comment